ports, mailman and mail-gid.

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Aug 10 11:46:27 PDT 2004

--On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 08:36:18 PM +0200 Julien Gabel
<jpeg at thilelli.net> wrote:

>> I'm trying to get the mailman port installed with mail-gid=mailman
>> (because I'm running Postfix), but I'm having zero success.
>
> If you don't use postfix virtual and aliases files, the group needs to
> be 'nobody'.

But I *do* use virtual and aliases files.  The group needs to be mailman.

> I usually use:
>  # portinstall -rR -m'MAIL_GID=nobody' mailman

Hmmm..I've been using % make install clean to install the ports and
portupgrade to upgrade them.

> Read the following for more details:
>  /usr/local/share/doc/mailman/FreeBSD-post-install-notes

I'll read it again.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas