ports, mailman and mail-gid

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Aug 10 11:44:17 PDT 2004

--On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 01:29:52 PM -0500 uidzero
<uidzero at one-arm.com> wrote:

> Paul Schmehl wrote:
>
> cd  /usr/ports/mail/mailman
>
> vi Makefile
>
> MAIL_GID?=      mailnull
>
> change to
>
> MAIL_GID?=      mailman
>
> "Makefile" line 68 of 157 --43%-- col 16-21

This isn't what I'm looking for.  (I've already done this.)  What I'm
looking for is the answer to the question, "How do you do port installs
correctly when you need to include make options?"

I know how to skirt the system.  I want to know how to *use* the system the
correct way.  I have this silly idea that the ports maintainers and the
guys that write the code for FBSD might actually know a little more than I,
and perhaps I should use the system the way they've designed it.

Silly me.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas