ports, mailman and mail-gid

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Aug 10 11:21:20 PDT 2004

I'm trying to get the mailman port installed with mail-gid=mailman (because
I'm running Postfix), but I'm having zero success.

I've tried make --with-mail-gid=mailman, --DWITH-MAIL-GID=mailman,
-DWITH_MAIL-GID=mailman and several other combinations of the above.  No
matter what I do, the damn thing makes with mail-gid=mailnull.

What am I doing wrong?  And how can I know how to do make options on ports?
(For example, snort won't work unless I use -DWITH_FOO, but other ports
seem to want --WITH_WHATEVER.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas