log reader

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Aug 10 08:13:25 PDT 2004

--On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 01:30:54 AM -0400 Ara Avvali <Ara at Avvali.COM>
wrote:

> Hi
> does anybody know a good looking log reader for firewall and access? I
> mean something which gets the log and formats in tables like excel file,
> organized and easy to read. I have to read a lot and makes me tired, so I
> was wondering if there is anyway to make it look better and easy on eye

I don't know about Excel spreadsheets, but the two log readers I use are
logsentry and pflogsumm.  The former is for syslogs, the latter for Postfix
maillogs.

You can goggle for both.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer