how to resolve openldap version conflict

Peter Ryan pryan at singnet.com.sg
Mon Aug 9 23:09:48 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to install Samba3 from the ports
collection onto freeBSD 4.10.

The Make terminated because there was an
earlier version of openldap already
installed, and the new one wanted to store
files in the same directory.

When i tried to pkg_delete the old version,
it refused, saying that several KDE related
items were using it.

I am confused about what to do about this.

(I dont have the version numbers.. after this
i decided to try and install samba 2, and a
blue options screen came up that seems to
have wiped out the error messages that
appeared at the end of the samba 3 make)

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Peter