FreeBSD's problem?

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Aug 9 14:35:47 PDT 2004

Skylar Thompson wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:37:50PM +0300, Vlad Tudorache wrote:
>

>>Hello!
>>I've been using Linux for 2 years and I know how to configure this system (not using GUI tools!). I'm now trying FreeBSD. My problems are:
>>1) If I enable ACPI, my floppy disk controller is not seen by the kernel!
>>

>What kind of floppy controller is it? Is it an NEC, or something else?
>

>>2) My USB controller tells me that "Error: Restarting port 1/2".
>>

>What kind of USB controller is it? UHCI? OHCI? EHCI?
>

>>3) If I'm using kdm, log into GNOME as root and select "Shut Down" when exiting directly from the GNOME session's logout menu, my system hangs untill I press Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Alt-Del. This was not happenning on Linux.
>>

>What version of GNOME are you using? 2.2? 2.4? 2.6?

And, perhaps even more importantly, what version of FreeBSD?
[ in other words ... what does 'uname -a' say ... as in the statement

        "If you still have a question or problem, please take
        the output of `uname -a', along with any relevant
        error messages, and email it as a question to the
        questions at FreeBSD.org mailing list. "

   ?? ]

Kevin Kinsey