DHCP help

Peter Barton peter_barton_bsd at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 08:44:36 PDT 2004

No, I am sure of it because I used my rl0 to connect to the LAN and download
all kinds of stuff from the Internet. At that point my FreeBSD was a just
box behind a Linksys router connected to the Comcast cable modem and it
worked just fine. Then I added IP filtering, rebuilt the kernel, and changed
rc.conf along with some other files according to the info I found on the
Internet. Now neither of my card works. I got it working some time ago for
awhile though - I ran sysinstall/Config/Networking and asked for DHCP
search. I actually got the IP address, host name and DNS server IP address
from Comcast but then something changed and I never saw it again. I am
really dissapointed by how much time I have spent on it without any decent
result.

Peter