burning mp3's

Miguel Cardenas renito73 at prodigy.net.mx
Sun Aug 8 14:34:05 PDT 2004

> >     Simple question probably, i want to burn about 690 mb of mp3's to
> > disk. To date i've only used cdrecord to make either audio .wav disks or
> > data disks, make an iso, then burn that iso to disk. I'm wondering if
> > there's a howto on mp3 burning?
>
> Do you want to burn them as .mp3, so that any application like xmms or
> winamp can play them? Then its simply mkisofs/cdrecord, as you already
> know. When you want to listen to them in an ordinary CD-Player, well,
> you need to convert the mp3 to .wav format first, then burn an audio CD.

There are some mp3 players like a 'discman' that are able to play mp3 music
(plus normal CDs and VCDs)... I guess it was the question, not to burn an ISO
with mp3 files or convert mp3 music to wav/44100:16:stereo format... I've
never tried one of those players of CDs with mp3... but anyway, I'd like to
ask...

Is there a format specific to burn CDs with mp3 that are playable by such
devices? or it is a normal and simple ISO with mp3 files together maybe in a
single "root" directory?

Thanks and sorry for the question instead an answer :D

Regards.