5.2-current: device pcm

mazpe mazpe at mazpe.net
Sat Aug 7 11:19:28 PDT 2004

Hello Hanspeter:

Read the /usr/src/UPDATING and also take a look at the
/usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES.

But this is what it comes down to: adding device sound and device snd_*.
(removing device pcm or whatever you had there before of course)

I would recommend adding device sound to your kernel and even all the
snd_* drivers, until you find out which one worked...  Then remove the
rest and only leave the one that matched the specs of your pc.  Unless
of course you see your sound card on the /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES and you
know exactly what snd_* you need.

something like this..

device          sound

device          "snd_ad1816"