ad0 TIMEOUT during install

Erik Johnsson erik at erikjohnsson.net
Sat Aug 7 03:32:06 PDT 2004

When I try to install FreeBSD 5.2.1 from floppies I get this when it tries to format the disk, the installation freezes(though caps lock work).

ad0 TIMEOUT - WRITE_DMA retrying(2 retries left) LBA=63
ad0 DMA limited to UDMA33, non-ATA66 cable or device
ad0 Warning - WRITE_DMA interrupt was seen but timeout failed.
ad0 Warning - WRITE_DMA interrupt was seen but taskqueue stalled LBA=63

I've googled and I have yet to see a solution to this problem.