Strange Behavior in periodic daily cron jobs.

Paul R Culmo pculmo at obs2.net
Thu Aug 5 16:36:08 PDT 2004

Greetings.

I'm seeing some weird output from the daily periodic cron jobs that run at
night.  It's related to procmail but I can't figure out where in the
scripts that it's causing it. Anyone seen this before?  running on 5.2.1
p-9.  Ports and source update code nightly using cvsup.

Snip

Security check:
    (output mailed separately)
procmail: Unrecognised options: "s"
Usage: procmail [-vptoY] [-f fromwhom] [parameter=value | rcfile] ...
   Or: procmail [-toY] [-f fromwhom] [-a argument] ... -d recipient ...
   Or: procmail [-ptY] [-f fromwhom] -m [parameter=value] ... rcfile [arg]
   Or: procmail [-toY] [-a argument] ... -z
Processing continued
procmail: Unknown user "atlas.obs2.net security run output"

End Snip.

The name "atlas.obs2.net" is the actual hostname the box I'm running on.