4.2 -> 5.2 passwd format change?

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bgnett.no
Wed Aug 4 12:22:42 PDT 2004

I'm in the process of moving users from a 4.2 machine to an updated
setup using 5.2.1. There appears to have been some changes in the
password format (as in the users are not able to log in to the test
system), and the main reference I find is this entry in
/usr/src/UPDATING:

20000928:
        There was a change in the passwd format.  Need more information.

Any pointers appreciated.

http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/	http://www.datadok.no/