Remote backup hosting setup?

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Tue Aug 3 17:11:03 PDT 2004

Hello list,

I was recently contacted by a lawfirm that needs a remote backup
solution to help bring their insurance rates down.  I've decided to go
ahead and do this, as their needs are not that great.

What I'm asking, is how best to setup this situation.  I've never played
with jails or anything, but I'm not sure if I really need to go that
far.  I'm considering building a server that has ssh and sftp access.
The plan is to allow them to upload at their pace, and provide next-day
DVD/CD copies of their entire directory structure.

Any advice on how to go about this?

Thanks!

Eric F Crist

Found on Conan O'Brian:
Children's books written by celebrities;
   By Mel Gibson: Jesus Christ and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very
Bad Day.

-----
Keep your powder dry and your pecker hard and the world WILL turn.

-----
Eric F Crist