using FreeBSD within a cluster

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Tue Aug 3 09:09:29 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "бОФПО уХИПОПУЕОЛП" <hurr at ukr.net>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 1:22 AM
Subject: using FreeBSD within a cluster

> Hi there. :$
> Perhaps it is not a good start for a letter to such an organization, but I
hope to be excused (please). And, quite straightforward, i wish to ask you a
question. I can't find an answer to it in any FreeBSD FAQ, so -

> The problem that I have is how to orgainze cluster between (with) a number
of FreeBSD AND Linux servers. OR, if that is not suitable, using several
FreeBSD servers. I couldn't find any information explaining that variant of
using FreeBSD, so here goes the question:

> are FreeBSD-with-Linux clusters really possible?
>
> And, in case of positive answer, here is the next question - where can I
find any information about how it will become possible?
> How to make Linux/FreeBSD (preferably), or only FreeBSD servers work
together in a cluster?

> Again wishing you all the best and waiting for answer -
> Anton Suhonosenko
> hurr at ukr.net
> ICQ 143779294
>
> P.S. I am sorry for my terrible english.

Are you wanting to truely cluster the servers or are you wanting to load
balance services (web, mail, pop3, etc) between a group of servers?

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.