New-style PHP and Sybase DB-Lib

Jim Hatfield subscriber at insignia.com
Tue Aug 3 08:44:46 PDT 2004

Just looking at the Makefile for lang/php4-extensions
and I see in the list of options SYBASE_CT but no SYBASE_DB.

I think my existing PHP setup was compiled with SYBASE_DB,
certainly phpinfo() reveals in the Sybase section:

> $Id: dblib.c,v 1.160.2.1 2004/04/04 09:07:04 freddy77 Exp $

I also recall I did try SYBASE_CT last time I installed but
had no success. So now I'm concerned that if I upgrade PHP I
will lose Sybase connectivity.

If anyone has upgraded and think they previously used DB-Lib
I'd appreciate knowing whether everything was OK after the
upgrade.

jim