Can't log in KDE, kdeinit.core & ksplash.core dumps

Ahmad Zulkarnain alsemo at celcom.net.my
Tue Aug 3 05:51:22 PDT 2004

Jorn Argelo wrote:

| On Tuesday 03 August 2004 13:51, Ahmad Zulkarnain wrote:
|
|> Jorn Argelo wrote: | On Tuesday 03 August 2004 12:42, Ahmad
|> Zulkarnain wrote: |> Hi guys, | | [snip] | |> startkde: Starting
|> up... Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on |> display ":0.0". | |
|> You already gave the answer to your problem. Make sure you load
|> the | GLX module, which can be enabled in your XF86Config file. |
|>  | Cheers, | | Jorn
|
|> The Glx problem seems to be solve (Thanks Jorn) but my normal
|> user's id still can't log in KDE. Here's the new .xsession-errors
|> output.
|
|> startkde: Starting up... QSettings: malformed line '' in group
|> 'General' QSettings: malformed line '' in group 'General'
|> QSettings: malformed line '' in group 'General' QPixmap: Cannot
|> create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used QPixmap: Cannot create
|> a QPixmap when no GUI is being used QSettings: malformed line ''
|> in group 'General' DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-559' to
|> 'kded' ERROR: Communication problem with kded, it probably
|> crashed. QSettings: malformed line '' in group 'General'
|> QSettings: malformed line '' in group 'General' DCOP aborting
|> call from 'anonymous-562' to 'knotify' ERROR: Communication
|> problem with knotify, it probably crashed. QSettings: malformed
|> line '' in group 'General' startkde: Shutting down... KLauncher:
|> Exiting on signal 1 startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
|> startkde: Done.
|
|> and I got this new xclock.core dump in my home directory. Help is
|>  appreciated. Thanks.
|
|> vampire# uname -a FreeBSD vampire.home.net 5.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD
|> 5.2.1-RELEASE #2: Sun Jun 20 03:25:38 MYT 2004
|> Alsemo at vampire.home.net:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/VAMKERNEL i386
|
|> runnin on Clevo M22ES
|

| Can you give us your XF86Config file? Also, post all the relevant
| errors from /var/log/XFree86.log
|
| Jorn

Sorry fer late reply, I have to swap back & forth from FreeBSD - XP
coz FreeBSD is currently unable to go internet.

As I'm still dumb bout FreeBSD, I can't make out what's the relevant
error(s) that I should post. Because the files is quite lengthy, I
hope url is ok fer postin and I've just uploaded the files as stated
below.

<a
href="http://home.graffiti.net/alsemo/contents/XF86Config.txt">/etc/X11/XF86Config</a>

<a
href="http://home.graffiti.net/alsemo/contents/kdm.log.txt">/var/log/kdm.log</a>
<a
href="http://home.graffiti.net/alsemo/contents/XFree86.0.log.txt">/var/log/XFree86.0.log</a>
<a
href="http://home.graffiti.net/alsemo/contents/XFree86.8.log.txt">/var/log/XFree86.8.log</a>

I hope this is the correct files. My root account seems to be fine
when loggin in KDE with no error whatsoever. Thanks again. Sorry fer
takin your time.

- --
Karl
http://www.alsemo.isdangerous.com