sendmail and make file ....

Vahric MUHTARYAN vahric at doruk.net.tr
Mon Aug 2 08:52:43 PDT 2004

Hi Everybody ,

            I can leave sendmail from base system . First I updated src tree
then I copyed /etc/default/make.conf under  /etc directory and remove the "
#  " in front of the NO_SENDMAIL = true , then I maked
 make buildworld
 make buildkernel KERNCONF=KERNELNAME
 make installkernel KERNCONF=KERNELNAME
 make installworld
 mergemaster -cv ( I installed all changed files with using " i "  )
 reboot

I did not modify rc.conf for seeing what will be happend if I dont remove '
# ' in front of sendmail , after reboot I saw that FreeBSD run SENDMAIL
again and when I wrote whereis sendmail on the command prompt I saw like
this ...
gecetrn# whereis sendmail
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail /usr/share/man/man8/sendmail.8.gz
/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail /usr/src/contrib/sendmail
/usr/ports/mail/sendmail

            Did  make a mistake ?! How can I remove sendmail from basesystem
?!

Thanks
Vahric