make index problems..

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sun Aug 1 15:44:33 PDT 2004

Usely I do something like this:

# cd /root
# cvsup -g -L 2 /root/ports.supfile
# cd /usr/ports
# make index
# portsdb -u

It always worked like a charm.. But this night after cvsup and a 'make
index' I ran portsdb -u and almost every portentry was deleted because
some error about 10 fieldnames needed ???? The result was that almost
every portname became unknown to portupgrade..
I ran make index a second and a third time with the same results.. Can't
figure out what's wrong all of a sudden..

I "fixed it" running "portsdb -Uu" --> this resulted in a good
/usr/ports/INDEX and a good index.db file.

Any ideas why the "make index" stopped working?

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.10 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)