BigApache for Windows - Why doesn't BSD have an installer

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Sun Aug 1 07:05:58 PDT 2004

DK <asdzxc111 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
> > > My bootup is fine, its the BSD+wmaker running & opening nedit & a cmd
> > > prompts that are slower than Windows 2000 ?? any suggestions as to why ??
> >
> > You're probably using X11 with a "vesa" driver or something that doesn't
> > take advantage of all the accelerations that your hardware can provide.
>
> Hi Giorgos,
>
> Where do I look to see which driver X11 is using ???
>
> And if it is using a "vesa" driver, how do I change that to a driver that is
> specific to my hardware: ie. 16MB Creative Graphics Blaster Riva TNT  ???

check /etc/X11/XF86Config ... that's where the config for XFree is.

To change it, you can either re-run one of the XFree cofiguration
programs, or manually edit that file.  xf86config is one such program.
You can also run "X -xf86config <filename>" to have XFree automagically
create a config file based on what it probes, but if it's incorrectly
detecting your hardware, that could be the problem you're having now.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies