FreeBSD Not Making Friendly with CD-ROM

Biz Diva bizdiva at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 30 13:07:50 PDT 2004

My bad. the cd-rom is located:
acd0: CDROM <Hitachi CDR-77307 at atal-master using P102

I need to boot from the CD-ROM in order to do a fresh install. I am seeking
instructions as to how. It may have been improperly configured. I am getting
messages on boot up that it didn't properly dismount.

When I attempt to access it via /stand/sysinstall I get a message that the
drive is busy. Then when it tries to go through on subsequent attempts to
access the CD-ROM, I get routed to the login prompt with a message that
fragments were dumped.

Biz