Freebsd Not Making Friendly With CD-ROM

Biz Diva bizdiva at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 09:24:33 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I cannot upgrade from 4.5 to 4.9 because freebsd says my drive is
busy.

In /stand/sysinstall - it supposedly accesses the drive but the message I
receive is that bsd found
the drive but dumped something or other and I get rerouted to the
prompt. I fear that the drive was not properly configured.

I performed the dmesg and got this info:

ad0:19470MB <Quantum Fireball ck20.4a> [39560116163] at ata0-master
UDMA66 Mounting root from ufs: /dev/ad0s1a

How can I make Freebsd access this drive and read the media?

Thanks!

Biz