Quake 3

Marc UBM Bocklet ubm at u-boot-man.de
Tue Apr 27 12:13:44 PDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:27:20 -0500
Vulpes Velox <kitbsdlists at HotPOP.com> wrote:

> Any one have any idea how I would go about getting the full versionof
> quake3 to work on freebsd?
>
> I have a old CD of the windows version, but have not had much luck
> copying pak files over.

You need the Linux version of the Quake 3 point-release 1.32.
You can get it from the idsoft website or their ftp. The link on the
website doesn't work for me at the moment, but the ftp works just fine.

ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/quake3/linux/linuxq3apoint-1.32b-3.x86.run

This point release will contain a linux binary for Quake 3 that will run
with the "windows" pak-files (they're platform-independent, afaik).

A simple "sh linuxq3apoint-1.32b-3.x86.run" will get you going, but you
might want to change some of the default settings like the install path,
etc. . I'm not sure how to do that exactly, but it should be on google
or maybe the output of "sh linuxq3apoint-1.32b-3.x86.run" will be
verbose enough. I remember that it wasn't hard to install it. :-)

Hope to help.

Bye
Marc