Dell Keyboard and VMware

Open minded boy yerrysherry at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 05:13:10 PDT 2004

Hey,

I just installed FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE #1 on mine
laptop Dell D600. I recompiled the kernel for the
sound support.Now, I received a usb keyboard.

uhub3: Dell Dell USB Keyboard Hub, class 9/0, rev
1.10/2.00, addr 2
uhub3: 3 ports with 2 removable, bus powered
ukbd0: Dell Dell USB Keyboard Hub, rev 1.10/2.00, addr
3, iclass 3/1
kbd1 at ukbd0
uhid0: Dell Dell USB Keyboard Hub, rev 1.10/2.00, addr
3, iclass 3/0

but it won't work. It don't display any letters.

The strange thing ss that when I boot the laptop, I
can type 2 x enter but after booting the kernel it is
stuck.

I also want to install vmware

# pwd
/usr/ports/emulators/vmware3
# make install
===>  vmware3-3.2.1.2242_6,1 Kernel source files
required.
#

Huh ? I recompile it for enabling the sound and now it
won't find any Kernel source

THhx a lot,

Regards,
Yerry