Gnome upgrade issue

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Mon Apr 26 07:56:16 PDT 2004

On Monday 26 April 2004 05:37 am, andy at neu.net wrote:
> Kent:
>
> portversion shows:
> urwfonts      =
>
> and all XFree86 font related files are up to date.  I do not see
> mozilla fonts as being installed.
>
> How do I check to see what other fonts may be installed?

I have a shell alias called
alias pkgrep    'pkg_info | grep $1'

You would "pkgrep font" but that wouldn't pick up bitstream-vera.

My XF86Config file has all of my fonts included. On my system, it is
located at

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config

It has the following non-XFree86 fonts installed

        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/webfonts/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/URW/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bitstream-vera/"
        FontPath     "/usr/local/share/fonts/"

Make sure that libXft was built with the current freetype2. It sounds
like something is out of sequence.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart