Garbage collection of installed packages

Tuc tuc at ttsg.com
Mon Apr 26 05:15:37 PDT 2004

> I use this script to find packages which are NOT dependencies of other
> packages:
>
> #/bin/sh
> cd /var/db/pkg
> for i in * ; do [ -e ${i}/+REQUIRED_BY ] || echo ${i} ; done
>
> This way you also see the packages which you installed expicitly (most
> of them are not depended on by other packages either), but I suppose
> you know/recognize those.

	I ran this.... 72 of my 176 came up.

	Some that came up that I never remember installing by hand :

autoconf-2.13.000227_5
autoconf-2.57_1
automake-1.4.5_9
bison-1.75_2
ezm3-1.1_1
gmake-3.80_2
help2man-1.33.1
intltool-0.30_1
ispell-3.2.06_4
libtool-1.3.5_2
libtool-1.4.3_3
libtool-1.5.2_1
qmake-3.3.1
rpm-3.0.6_9

	I think the ezm3 is from portupgrade, ispell maybe from elm, rpm
from linux.. Is this more that people didn't set the requirements properly?

		Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.