Gnome upgrade issue

andy at neu.net andy at neu.net
Mon Apr 26 02:19:11 PDT 2004

I finally got the 2.4 to 2.6 upgrade script to work.  I just have one
problem from the upgrade.  The application font in Mozilla
got corrupted.  I use a Fixed 10 pt. font as my application font, set via
desktop preference menu.  Now when I open Mozilla the fonts on all the
menus (File, edit, etc.), and dialog boxes are real big and jagged,
totally out of proportion.  I have never installed any fonts to the base
system, unless a port installs something.

I tried to make deinstall, and make reinstall the URW font but that did
not fix it. Did anyone else have this problem?  Is there a procedure to
avoid this in the future? Any advice to get the fonts back to the way they
were would be appreciated.

TIA,

Andy