mouse problems using xdm

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Apr 25 14:03:38 PDT 2004

	I have gnome and KDE both set up on my z5.2 box, and have
	managed to tune the mouse to work (reasonably) well.  I
	bring up gnome with startx; KDE with kdm.  However, if I
	try to login to /home/admin wth xdm, the mouse acts strange.
	It jerks, moves slowly, then rapidly.

	My admin login uses ctwm, which I've grown used to; ctwm
	assumes some inteligence of the user while the others seem
	too GUI orientated.   So:: any X11/wm wizards out there
	know what might be happening?  Is there a 'default' mouse
	settting for gnome/kde? and how do I get backto it?

	thanks for any clues,

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix