Jail and spammass-milter (sendmail/spamassassin)

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Fri Apr 23 10:28:49 PDT 2004

In the last episode (Apr 23), Harald Schmalzbauer said:
> Am Freitag, 23. April 2004 11:27 schrieb Harald Schmalzbauer:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > is it possible that spamass-milter doesn't work in a jail?
>
> Ok, I verified that it's working with the same configuration under
> -stabel outside a jail, but not on -current inside a jail.
>
> Is there any way I can make it work? I think the problem is with the
> local socket between sendmail and spamass-milter.
>
> Is there a sysctl to allow local sockets or is it possible to tell
> sendmail to connect via localhost (127.0.0.1)?

If your jail is not chrooted at /, "/var/run/spamass-milter.sock" will
point to different locations inside and outside the jail, so you'll
have to use inet sockets to communicate.

Actually if you have a single jail, you can configure the outer
processes to use /usr/myjail/var/run/spamass-milter.sock and the jailed
processes to use /var/run/spamass-milter.sock, but that won't work if
you have multiple jails.

The sendmail syntax is "inet:port@{hostname|ip-address}", so you can do
something like this in your .mc file:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin',`S=inet:2525 at 127.0.0.1, F=, T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl

and then run spamass-milter with "-p inet:2525 at 127.0.0.1".

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com