updated ports tree

Killermink ! killermink at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 10:21:51 PDT 2004

Hello all,

I am about to (re)install FreeBSD 5.2.1, and wish to make sure I have the
latest ports afterwards.  I do not really wish to install the whole ports
tree from sysinstall as disk space is at a premium, and i will (soon) have a
fast internet connection so seems pointless when i am only going to install
like 10 ports. Also, the ports tree on the 5.2.1 ISO is out of date now.

I have read the manual over and over, but cannot fathom how I can make a
port without the whole ports tree being installed...

Is it possible to make a port in this way, and how is it done?

Thanks,

killermink