Serious NWFS problems ...

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Fri Apr 23 09:09:18 PDT 2004

On Saturday 24 April 2004 01:04, Feczak Szabolcs wrote:
> It gets more interesting:
>
> $ mkdir /mnt/nwfs/.
> mkdir: /mnt/nwfs/.: File exists

This command should always give an error. If
/mnt/nwfs does not exist you can't create
/mnt/nwfs/., and if /mnt/nwfs exist then so will
/mnt/nwfs/.

On Friday 23 April 2004 23:01, Feczak Szabolcs wrote:
> So I have to act as a samba and netware client.
> I have also tried 5.x, but 5.x freezes with
> ncpmount ...

I see that ncpmount is commonly used in Linux
environments and I have found some old and rather
vague references to it under FBSD. But I can't find it
in the FBSD ports, and it is certainly not in the base
system of FBSD 4.7, 4.8 or 4.9. Where did you get it
or is it standard on 5.x?

I've been using mount_nwfs on 4.5, 4.7, 4.8 and 4.9
releases from the standard installation without
problems.

Malcolm