How do I know if the gnome upgrade script is running properly?

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Thu Apr 22 09:06:11 PDT 2004

On 18 Apr freebsduser at comcast.net wrote:
> I am currently on stage 4 of 5 of the gnome upgrade script and the
> only thing I get is that it will take a long time.
>
> No other indications. I check with top and it shows actvity with cc1
> and a fiew other items but no output is sent to the terminal session
> and occasionally the HD LED blinks but that's about it.
>
> Is there something to be worried about?

Read the stuff about "tailing the logfiles" ..
If you do it's possible to get all activity on screen.
Nothing to worry about but it's always nice to know what exactly the
script is doing.. ;-)

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.9 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)