What is PPPoed?

Jorn Argelo jorn at wcborstel.nl
Thu Apr 22 07:18:50 PDT 2004

I believe it's dialup service for DSL lines (Point to Point Protocol over
ethernet daemon? Just a wild guess though) So if you have a DSL line which
requires the user to dial in, you'll need PPPoed. Otherwise, if your ISP
gives you an peminent IP address, you can just set your interface to DHCP or
anything else the ISP requires.

Cheers,

Jorn