Sendmail and masquerading

JJB Barbish3 at adelphia.net
Wed Apr 21 07:39:58 PDT 2004

I found that it is not necessary to try to config sendmail's config
files to do what you want.
Just change or add hostname="zenk.de" to rc.conf
Sendmail uses that as his internal domain name for all emails.

You said this
"--- Please never add my reply address to CC nor to the recipient
list!
If you make "answers to all" please remove my address!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll complain if I see my reply address on any mailinglist!!!!!!!!"

Be so informed, that by posting to this questions list your email
address is in the public domain and is spread through many sites on
the internet. You can complain all you want, but by posting you have
by default given your consent and there is nothing you can do about
it, except not post here again. You should learn the rules of how
this list works before posting. It's your mistake. Manny of the
regulars who reply consider the email address they use here as an
'throw away' that they change when they start getting junk email to
it.   You should learn to set up 'Judas goat' email address just for
this purpose.