Beginning C++ in FreeBSD

Daniela dgw at liwest.at
Tue Apr 20 13:29:58 PDT 2004

On Saturday 17 April 2004 15:30, Dan MacMillan wrote:
> [...]

I don't really have a specific example, but it's quite the same with human
languages. The more often a text is translated, the more useless information
gets added to it. And if the original text is beautifully written, it is
often total crap when you translate it back.

> > I would rather say, assembly is fast and can be portable, if it's done
> > properly.
>
> How does one properly do an assembly language program for the x86
> instruction set (for example) so that it will run on a StrongARM?

I only mean that if you do it right, you can write code that can easily be
made to run on similar architectures, or different operating systems.