Accessing MySQL from C

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Tue Apr 20 11:48:08 PDT 2004

In the last episode (Apr 20), Derrick Ryalls said:
> I am trying to write a little program that will talk to my existing
> mysql db server (4.1.1), but am having compile issues.

You need -I/usr/local/include/mysql on your compile line, and
-L/usr/local/lib/mysql on your link line.

gcc -I/usr/local/include/mysql -c sqltest.c
gcc -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -o sqltest sqltest.o -lmysqlclient

If you are compiling and linking in one step, you need both.

gcc -I/usr/local/include/mysql -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -o sqltest sqltest.c -lmysqlclient

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com