Which Device for LCD on Serial Port

Joe Lewis joe at relia.net
Mon Apr 19 12:34:23 PDT 2004

G'Day!

I am trying to set up LCDd on my 1U server, and it requires a
device=[device name] line.  In my dmesg, I get a listing of sio0 and
sio1 (and the manual for the motherboard states that it's the second
serial connector).  dmesg output reveals :

sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
sio1: type 16550A

In the /dev/ directory, there is no "sio1" special file.  However, the
"cuaa1", "cuala1" and tty stuff is there.  I am working with :

FreeBSD azurite 5.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE #1: Mon Feb  2 00:38:21
MST 2004
LCDd 0.4.3, LCDproc Protocol 0.3 (from the ports)

So, what line do I need to use?  "device=/dev/sio1" obviously won't
work, and I think I should be using the "device=/dev/cuaa1" line because
I am looking for sending data to the LCD rather than recieving from it.
(though, I would like to use the built in menus to handle configuration
stuff, but will settle for just a nice display).

Joe