soundcard

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Mon Apr 19 10:43:43 PDT 2004

On Monday 19 April 2004 11:15 am, pvargas wrote:
> Good day everybody, I'am a real newbie and i got some questions the
> first one is how can i know what devices are installed on my
> computer, I mean if there is a command for do that, the second is how
> can I configure my soundcard, I think that first I need to know what
> soundacard is installed on my pc, any help is welcome. Saludos desde
> Guatemala.

The Handbook has a chapter on sound. That is a good place to learn about
what you need to do. It also depends on which version of FreeBSD you
are using. I have always added "device          pcm" to my kernel
config file. You can also just kldload the sound module. I haven't done
that and can't really tell you how to do that but it should be
searchable from an archive of the messages.

The devices that your system recognizes can be seen by typing "dmesg".
This can be a long list and you may want to add " | more". If it has
been too long since you booted your system, it is always in
/var/run/dmesg.boot

If you are more comfortable with español, there is a Spanish list at
https://listas.es.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd

I see a lot more questions answered quickly on this list.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA