MySQL

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Mon Apr 19 09:45:56 PDT 2004

On Thursday 15 April 2004 01:00 am, ilich wrote:
> Hello All!
> I have small problem.
> I installed apache2\php4\mysql. Apache and php work fine, but mysql
> doesn't work. When I enter "mysql" to my console it send massage "Can't
> connect to local MySQL server through socket 'tmp/mysql.socket'". As far
> as I Know mysqld doesn't load to memory, but I'm not sure.Please, give me
> any advices and explain me what does mean this massage.
> Thanks, Ivan

After installation, did you:

1. execute:  /usr/local/bin/mysql_install_db
2. execute:  /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh start

Once you get the administrative tables setup and server started, you will
still have to invoke the mysql client correctly.  Please see the mysql man
page and the online documentation:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/index.html

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould