PPP in 5.1

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Sun Apr 18 22:39:35 PDT 2004

Dear Noir,

For me to get kppp working, I did the following:

create empty /etc/resolv.conf

chmod 640 /etc/resolv.conf

create /etc/ppp/options with this content:
  # Options file for PPPD
  defaultroute
  crtscts
  modem
  deflate 12,12
  predictor1
  vj-max-slots 16
  user
  lock
  idle 600

Then just configure kppp as normal (user name, password, phone number).
That's all.

best regards,
Robert