How do I know if the gnome upgrade script is running properly?

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Sun Apr 18 15:15:49 PDT 2004

freebsduser at comcast.net wrote:

>Hey thanks! If that isn't in any of the copious instructions on doing the upgrade it should be.

It was, but given their "copious" nature, it's
possible to miss it:

 From gnome-upgrade.sh:

    echo "You can watch the upgrade process in real-time by running:"
    echo "          tail -f ${logfile}"
    echo "INFO: logfile = ${logfile}" >> ${logfile}

I'm pretty sure it was in the instructions; as you see,
it was also echoed to the screen when the file was
run.

With today's fast processors, RAM, and disks, though,
we often miss stuff, eh?  I know I have before ....

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.