Lost expat dependency

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sun Apr 18 13:36:44 PDT 2004

On Sunday 18 April 2004 01:12 pm, antenneX wrote:
> [...]

The libintl problem is a port that uses an old version of gettext. You
may have to track them down one at a time. The libintl.so.4 is version
0.11.5. Libintl.so.5 is 0.12.1 and the current version is
gettext-0.13.1_1, which is libintl.so.6. If you are lucky, you may find
which one is doing it by using "pkg_info -R gettext". I would be
surprised that a pkgdb -F wouldn't fix the links and let you update
dependancies of gettext.

Make sure you are using the current version of portupgrade and ruby. It
seems to fix a lot of those problems.

The upgrade to 0.12.1 suggested the following
portupgrade -rf gettext -m BATCH=yes

The BATCH tells it to upgrade everything without having you choose from
a menu and probably still applies in your situation. There are a _LOT_
of ports that depend on gettext and you have to update each one of
them :(.

There were problems when they created gettext-old and promptly deleted
it after they fixed ports that used it. It was easier to pkg_delete -f
gettext-version and reinstall gettext and then run pkgdb -F to fix the
links than it was to use portupgrade. I think portupgrade deals with
that now but I wouldn't bet money.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart