Milter Logging

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sat Apr 17 10:59:16 PDT 2004

Warren Block wrote:
> What do people do for milter logging?  A MAILER-DAEMON message for every
> virus caught by clamav-milter is a little annoying (both to the intended
> recipient and to postmaster), but I'm hesitant to just discard them.

Well, the standards (RFC-822/2822) are clear, but with the dawn of viruses
that forge sender addresses, creating bounces for viruses doesn't really do
anybody much good, either.

Refusing to accept viral mail is the best option if you can; failing that, I
discard such messages.  Frankly, I gave up bouncing viral mail after I got
tired of answering complaints when someone got a bounce from a forgery...

--
-Chuck