What does: "is an interactive port" mean?

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Fri Apr 16 14:34:07 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerard Seibert" <gerard-seibert at rcn.com>
To: "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 4:25 PM
Subject: What does: "is an interactive port" mean?

> I was just trying to install Star Office 7.0 and I received the following
> error message:
>
> ** 'editors/staroffice70' is marked as IGNORE:
>         "is an interactive port"
>
> I have run cvsup and portsdb -Uu prior to this. Can anyone enlighten me?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gerard E. Seibert
> gerard-seibert at rcn.com

As I recall, Star Office is no longer a freeware item. You have to purchase
it from the main web site, place the downloaded tarball in your distfiles
directory and then re-run make to patch it properly for fbsd. The last time
I looked into purchasing it was when it was still 6.0 and it was $75.00 per
copy.

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.