How do I eliminate resolver delay??

peter lageotakes plageotakes at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 12:20:47 PDT 2004

--- Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 11:06:48AM -0700, peter
> lageotakes wrote:
> : FYI:  If I remember correctly, running dhcpd
> : overwrites the resolve.conf.
>
> That's what caused my problem.  I need a way to
> restore it when using the
> other network with assigned IPs.
>

> jm
> --
> My other computer is your Windows box.

I dont believe that the dchpd is truely the cause of
the issue, with respect to the overwriting of
resolv.conf.  As you plug into a new network, the
resolve.conf file should be updated correctly.  I
believe that it is the defaultrouter entry in the
rc.conf file that is causing the issue with your DNS.

Additonal thoughts and suggest (corrections) welcomed.

Pete