firewall rules error

RazorOnFreeBSD yann.luppo at attglobal.net
Fri Apr 16 07:50:32 PDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to write my own rules for ipfw under 4.9 STABLE.
But everytime I try to use the file with my rules .... my network is totally blocked and the "ipfw show" command returns :

65535  38 2311  deny ip from any to any

I think there's a problem in my rules file and the system replaces my rules by this one, but I can't figure out what is the problem, my rules file is really short compared to what I saw sometimes on Internet :

fwcmd="/sbin/ipfw"
oif="dc0"
iif="dc1"

${fwcmd} -f flush
${fwcmd} add check-state

${fwcmd} add deny ip from any to any in via $oif verrevpath

add 050 divert natd all from any to any via $oif
add 100 pass all from any to any via lo0
add 200 deny all from any to 127.0.0.0/8
add 300 deny ip from 127.0.0.0/8 to any

${fwcmd} add allow ip from me to any via $oif keep-state

${fwcmd} add allow icmp from any to any via $oif icmptypes 0,3,11,12

${fwcmd} add allow tcp from any to me dst-port 22 in via $iif setup keep-state

${fwcmd} add deny log ip from any to any

Can anybody tell me what's wrong ?

Thanks.

razor.