/sbin/init X2???

Henrik W Lund henrik.w.lund at broadpark.no
Thu Apr 15 08:51:31 PDT 2004

I noticed the darndest thing just the other day (and again just now,
which prompted me to write this mail).

At some point, the OS decided it'd be a good idea to whip up another
init process! I don't know if this is default behaviour (from what I've
come to learn about OSes, this certainly does not seem like default
behaviour) or if it is some weird quirk of this system of mine.

It's not that it's a big deal, at least not as far as I know. It just
sits ther - well, both of them do actually. But I wouldn't know if this
causes complications on a deeper level.

Have any of you experienced this?

-Henrik W Lund