nis with blowfish

michael johnson ahze at ahze.net
Wed Apr 14 00:33:40 PDT 2004

Hi,
	I have nis setup and I've been using it for quite a while and I have
blowfish as the default passwd_format and it works
on every box I have, but it only works locally, if I change a password
remotely with on any computer the password is md5 and now blowfish
but if I change a password locally (nis server or nis client & NOT
using nis) it uses blowfish
I have the following on every box.

bacon:/etc root$ grep blf *
auth.conf:crypt_default =       blf md5 des
login.conf:     :passwd_format=blf:\
Binary file login.conf.db match

Am I missing anything? or does yppasswd just not support blowfish?
which is kind of weird since ypserver and ypbind both work with it.

thanks
michael