Now where should I post. :>

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Tue Apr 13 21:04:29 PDT 2004

[ 72 chars / line, please ]

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 01:29:34 +0000
thib <thib at heimsnet.is> wrote:

> Good day/night list.
>
> I just made a patch for cat(1) wich simply aborts if you try to cat a
> directory. Now that I have the patch file and everything I stumbled on
> where I should post it and ask for it to be reviewd and perhaps
> commited. I thougt of -hackers ( Unlikely but I have seen a few posts
> there but since cat is a contributed software I don't know ) and then
> I thougt of -ports but since this not a port of cat(1) so I don't
> really think so. Then I thougt I should report this to the cat (gnu)
> project it self but since I'm using the FreeBSD API for this I did not
> think so. And then I thougt about obrien@ since this:
> "# $FreeBSD: src/bin/cat/Makefile,v 1.7 2001/12/04 01:57:37 obrien Exp
> $" is in the Makefile for cat(1) but I really don't want to bother him
> if I'm wrong.
>
> Anyways I thank you for your time and any pointers whould be welcome.

Yous should make a PR with you work.

See:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=send-pr&sektion=1
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/problem-reports/article.html

But this has been discussed a about year ago (on current I think) and
from what I remember it remained the way it is because "it's use job to
use cat on non.directories" or something. Note that I'm writing from memory ;)

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"