port redirection with pf

Marc UBM Bocklet ubm at u-boot-man.de
Tue Apr 13 18:10:12 PDT 2004

Hiho! :-)

I'm trying to get port rediretion with pf(4) to work, but i won't work.

I've googled and looked at the FAQ at www.openbsd.org/faq/pf, but
there's nothing there that helps me.

Problem is, I create a pf.conf with

rdr on tun0 inet proto tcp from any to any port 21 ->
192.168.0.200 port 21

(this is one single line in the config file )

When I try to enable the ruleset via pfctl -e -f ./pf.conf, pfctl says

pf.conf:2: syntax error
pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded

This does not only happen with my custom redirection rule, but also if I
take example redirection rules from the pf.conf(5) man page.

This is FreeBSD 5.2.1-p4 with pf 2.03 installed from ports, PFIL_HOOKS
is in the kernel and the pf kernel modules are loaded.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I'm unable to find it :-/

Thanks in advance ;-)

Bye
Marc