portaudit

RJ45 rj45 at slacknet.com
Tue Apr 13 13:04:05 PDT 2004

Hello,
I installed portaudit.
Since I installed it I noticed there are always ESTABLISHED connections to
some ftp servers:

tcp4       0     20  venus.51739            freebsd.utcluj.r.ftp
ESTABLISHED
tcp4       0     20  venus.49718            gort.ludd.ltu.se.ftp
ESTABLISHED
tcp4       0      6  venus.49706            www.freebsd.cz.ftp
ESTABLISHED
tcp4       0      6  venus.49688            gort.ludd.ltu.se.ftp
ESTABLISHED
tcp4       0     20  venus.49682            ftp.jpix.ad.jp.ftp
ESTABLISHED

and I noticed I have a constant traffic rate on my ADSL link of about
20 Kb/sec inbound and 20 Kb/sec outbound, always day and night.
is it normal?

thank you

Rick